Leslee's Reviews > Boyfriend Maintenance

Boyfriend Maintenance by Lauren Helms

F 50x66

Emmy walked away from the wealth and privilege that her family used to control her life. She has made her own way. Too bad she can't ignore family functions like her brother's wedding. Her roommate has the crazy idea to hire the cute building handyman Jake to be her fake boyfriend. When faced with the prospect of being thrown into the arms of her ex, she makes Jake an offer. Jake doesn't date tenants, its too awkward and he needs his job. Emmy is cute but her offer angers and offends him. These socialite girls are all the same. But the money is too tempting and Emmy is an awesome chick. There's no way you can catch real feelings in a fake relationship, right?

I have really enjoyed the 425 Madison books and Boyfriend Maintenance was a good addition to the series. Jake has appeared in several of the previous books and I was interested in his character. He had some preconceived notions about Emmy and held onto them even after getting to know her. Emmy didn't share a lot of the deeper issues she had with her family, totally justified in my opinion. This is a bit of a disaster and in the process Emmy was really hurt by Jake. I do wish that Emmy had made him work for her forgiveness, I love a good grovel. That didn't happen, though it was in keeping with Emmy's personality. Lauren Helms is a new to me author and I loved her style. 4.5 stars for Boyfriend Maintenance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boyfriend Maintenance.

March 24, 2019 – Shelved