Eric Farr's Reviews > Ahsoka

Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston

Ahsoka is a satisfying bridge tale that connects the dots in Ahsoka's life between where we left her at the end of the Clone Wars and where we found her in Rebels. It's also a pretty decent character study of Ahsoka, and I felt like the spirit of the character was really captured. For that matter, what time we have with Bail Organa is a real treat, as Johnston has portrayed him as charming, calculating, maybe a little exhausted, and compassionate yet wary. He felt pitch-perfect to me.

The story itself is a fine adventure that introduces us to elements from Rebels like the Inquisitors and the nascent Rebel Alliance. We also get a fair amount of completely new characters, planets, and ideas that continue to make that galaxy far, far away feel like a very real and very big place. I rather liked most of the new characters as well, from the farmers of Raada to the Fardis smuggling family. By the novel's conclusion, I shipped Ahsoka and her new farmer friend Kaeden, for what that's worth.

By the way, on finishing, I did go back and re-read Johnston and Ashley Eckstein's "By Whatever Sun" in From A Certain Point Of View, and I found that I enjoyed the story much more this time around. It's a rather satisfying epilogue to the story of Kaeden and Miara.

I obviously didn't race through this book, but I enjoyed reading it, and I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Ahsoka or the Filoni animated shows.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ahsoka.

March 24, 2019 – Started Reading