Tari's Reviews > Sifting Through Clues

Sifting Through Clues by Daryl Wood Gerber

bookshelves: 2019-spring-challenge, may-2019-ereader

What an awesome roller coaster ride of a book! Just when I thought I knew who did it, another red herring would distract me. Jenna definitely had her hands full this time with her friend Bailey ready to deliver any week now, a book club festival event, and now the murder of one of the town shop owners.

I loved the whole book club theme--how awesome would it be to have tents and tents of book sellers at a festival? Pepper had a side story going on with a guy she'd been dating, and Cinnamon had a story as well with someone from her past and her mom's past showing up in town. Jenna wondered if it had anything to do with the murder. The showdown happened in the Nook Cafe and it was pretty epic. For once, Jenna wasn't alone with the perp or having to figure out how to fend them off. Cinnamon again had to grudgingly thank her for her help. The end of the book was so sweet. Bailey and Tito became parents. Aunt Vera had a wonderful surprise for Jenna and Rhett...because she's just awesome that way!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sifting Through Clues.

March 24, 2019 – Shelved