Tari's Reviews > Buried in the Stacks

Buried in the Stacks by Allison Brook

bookshelves: netgalley, sept-2019-ereader-challenge

Murder hit very close to the library ghost Evelyn's heart in this story. Since it was her own relative that was killed, Evelyn promised Carrie that this time she'd be more willing to share things that she knew or could overhear. The side story of a daytime homeless facility was mixed up in the case as well, and Carrie couldn't help getting involved, especially when her very sad ghost friend asked her to investigate. Evelyn had a soft spot for all her relatives.

I liked hearing from some of the previous characters like Ken Talbot and Gillian. I've really grown to like Carrie's dad a lot, and she had a few good conversations with him, plus he was working for the same agency now as Dylan her boyfriend was. Dylan was coming home for good with a slight change in the original plan. I loved how little Smoky Joe, Carrie's beloved cat that she shares with the library as their daytime cat, got to have a part in taking down the killer. I had a suspicion as to who the killer would be, but it was still really good seeing when Carrie would catch on and how the killer would get caught. Carrie got a surprise phone call from another relative who would be coming to see her in April, someone that she wasn't really looking forward to seeing. The next book should be very interesting!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buried in the Stacks.

March 24, 2019 – Shelved