AC Book Blog's Reviews > The Candle Palace

The Candle Palace by Devney Perry

bookshelves: 2019

READ THIS NOW!!! Oh my HEART! Milo and Sara love story is EPIC. This is supposed to be a novella but with so much depth – the well-developed characters, the emotional storyline, the heart felt romance. So many feels. Holy Moly I was an emotional mess throughout.

“Sometimes a single flame can ignite a love that lasts a lifetime.”

Milo suffered a nasty burn during an on the job explosion. He is lucky to be alive but Milo is broken inside and out. Sara is a nurse working in a burn unit where Milo is a patient. I adore Sara - I admire her kindness, patience, and compassion. She seen Milo at his worst. I feel so heartbroken for Milo – he suffers through reconstructive surgeries, intense therapy and many setbacks. Milo acts out and can be moody and rude toward the people who care for him but it’s only because he is in pain mentally and physically. The only flicker of light that kept him going is Sara. I love the deep connections they have to each other. At first glance, you can say that their romance is forbidden, maybe even scandalous but it’s not what you think. This is not a quick romp in a janitor’s closet between a nurse and a patient (believe me that does happen I real life) Milo and Sara love for each other build over time - heartfelt, touching, and just beautiful. They are truly soulmates. CRIES AND SWOONS! MUST READ!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Candle Palace.

Finished Reading