Deanne Patterson's Reviews > The Deputy's Holiday Family

The Deputy's Holiday Family by Mindy Obenhaus

bookshelves: books-i-own, 2019-read-for-author

This is the second book in the Rocky Mountain Heroes series set in Ouray,Colorado. It's beautiful here nestled in the valley with the towering mountains above. This series revolves around five brothers and this is Matt and Lacie's story. Lacie is back in town to raise her niece, Kenzie after her mother's death. Kenzie is a real sweetheart at only five years old. This book is so Christmasy. Lacie wants to give her niece the best Christmas ever but her mother whom she lives with is anti-Christmas since her husband passed away at that time of year. Lacie and Matt grew up together but the friendship fizzled out after he started dating her sister. When Matt realizes something that will change his and Kenzie's life he realizes all he has been missing. I really enjoyed Matt's character, a true gentleman and law enforcement to boot, wow! Matt has always felt like his father didn't appreciate him and he felt like a failure in his eyes. This hurts him more than he lets on and it affects him in his adulthood making him not want to be around him as he doesn't measure up he believes.
Christmas is a wonderful time of year for miracles and they are in this sweet, feel good book.
I look forward to reading more books in this series.
Published November 21st 2017 by Love Inspired.
I was given a complimentary copy of this book. Thank you. All opinions expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Deputy's Holiday Family.

March 23, 2019 – Shelved