Book Lovers Pizza's Reviews > Honestly, We Meant Well

Honestly, We Meant Well by Grant Ginder

it was ok

(Thank you to the publisher for my advance copy through NetGalley.) This book was not for me. From the description, I wanted to laugh more but I just felt sorry for most of the characters who are kind of floundering in their lives. I wish there had been more about Sue Ellen’s time in Greece she is flashing back to which would have helped me understand her special connection to it a bit more. The theme about starting over felt kind of thrown in, and I wish it had been more present throughout the entire book.

There were a few things I liked. The author does a really good job of making you feel like you are there in Greece, experiencing the heat and the beautiful views. His writing is beautifully descriptive without being overly wordy. There were a few scenes where I definitely felt transported to Greece. I also appreciated that some of it was maybe a little bit hopeful.

All in all, I was not super impressed with the story, but I would check out another one of this author’s books because I think he has great potential.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honestly, We Meant Well.

March 23, 2019 – Shelved