Julie's Reviews > Maybe Baby

Maybe Baby by Carol  Thomas

bookshelves: 2019, e-book, contemporary-fiction, romcom, ruby-fiction

Maybe Baby by Carol Thomas is a 2019 Ruby Fiction publication.

Cute story of friendship and new beginnings-

Felicity and Lisa are BFF’s, but their personal lives are at different stages. Felicity is a busy mom, and Lisa is still working through a few snags in her rekindled romance with Nathan, such as an old friend of his showing up, who seems intent on causing trouble between Lisa and Nathan.

Meanwhile, Felicity’s hopes of moving on into the next phase of her life may be in jeopardy.

This is a sequel to The Purr-fect Pet -Sitter, however, it can easily be read as a stand- alone. Felicity and Lisa offer alternate views of their personal lives, while being there for one another as they face life changes and new challenges. Adding another layer of charm to the story, is the inclusion of pets, which, of course, always gets a nod of approval from me.

The story is zany, with a little screwball comedy, and a quirky cast of characters. Naturally, this creates a lighter tone, but the story does touch upon some darker topics firmly in Lisa’s past. This allusion to the past only makes the current situation, more heartwarming and uplifting, if a little bittersweet.

Overall, this is a delightful and fun story anyone can enjoy!
4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maybe Baby.

March 23, 2019 – Started Reading
March 23, 2019 – Shelved
March 23, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
March 23, 2019 – Shelved as: e-book
March 23, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary-fiction
March 23, 2019 – Shelved as: romcom
March 23, 2019 – Shelved as: ruby-fiction
March 23, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Zany and funny are always fun, Julie! Wonderful review!

Julie Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Zany and funny are always fun, Julie! Wonderful review!"

Thank you, Jennifer!! 🤗💕

message 3: by KAS (new)

KAS This title and cover are irresistible ;) Glad you really enjoyed, Julie!! Super review!! 🌺🌷🌼

Julie KAS wrote: "This title and cover are irresistible ;) Glad you really enjoyed, Julie!! Super review!! 🌺🌷🌼"

Thank you, KAS!! 😊💕🤗

message 5: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Gipson Terrific review Julie! It’s great to mix things up with a fun read! Lovely to see how much you enjoyed it! 💕❤️

Julie Nicola wrote: "Terrific review Julie! It’s great to mix things up with a fun read! Lovely to see how much you enjoyed it! 💕❤️"

Thank you, Nicola!! Yes, I need these gentle reads and love discovering new authors in the process. 🤗💕

message 7: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fantastic review, Julie! Glad you had fun reading this!

Julie Meredith wrote: "Fantastic review, Julie! Glad you had fun reading this!"

Thank you, Meredith!! 🌷🤗💕

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula Kalin Charming review, Julie!

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Awesome review Julie!😉💖

Julie Paula wrote: "Charming review, Julie!"

Thank you, Paula!! 💕

Julie Kat wrote: "Awesome review Julie!😉💖"

Thank you, dear Kat!! 🤗💕

message 13: by *TUDOR^QUEEN* (new)

*TUDOR^QUEEN* Lovely review, Julie! I marvel at the diversity of books you read :-)

Julie *TUDOR^QUEEN* wrote: "Lovely review, Julie! I marvel at the diversity of books you read :-)"

Thank you, TQ!! I love experimenting with books and genres. A feel good story is always a nice find! 💕🤗🌷

message 15: by Angela M (new)

Angela M I need to read some fun ones once in a while!

Julie Angela M wrote: "I need to read some fun ones once in a while!"

Yes, books like this one are a breath of fresh air. Thank you, Angela!! 💕🌷💕

message 17: by Holly (new)

Holly Sounds refreshing!

Julie Holly wrote: "Sounds refreshing!"

Thank you, Holly!! It is! A lovely story to launch beach -reading season. 😊🤗💕

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Lovely review, Julie! 💛🌻💛

Julie Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Lovely review, Julie! 💛🌻💛"

Thank you, Mary Beth!! 💕🌷🤗

message 21: by JanB (new)

JanB We all need more feel-good in our lives 😊 Great review Julie!

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Is there anything better than quirky characters?! Great review, Julie! 💜