Andrew's Reviews > Artemis Fowl

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Well I have a number of Eoin Colfer books in my collection but the Artemis series has always drawn my eye the most. Ironic that I finally get around to reading them when the first book is about to released as a film later this year.

I think one of the issues was that out of the series I have all but the first two books in hardback while the first two are paperback and I was having a total mental block as well they were. Well I found them finally and I now am about to launch (via a few other distractions) in to them.

I will admit that the book read as I was expecting considering the target reading group that said the action was fun and the dialogue amusing without being either patronising or childish. I know that Mr Colfer has made his name writing books for children but you can certainly see his talent for winding a brilliant and sometimes bizarre story which appeals to all ages.

I had some time ago read his adult crime dramas (Screwed and Plugged) and found he has a great way of adding both sarcasm and drama to his work without feeling forced - this book also carries that charm and I can certainly see myself reading the others in the series.

The story is relatively straight forward and obvious sets up for the rest of the series however I did find myself eagerly turning the next page to see what was going to happen next and considering (with no spoilers) there were limited options to how the story could end I was still satisfied with how it concluded. Now to get round to reading the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artemis Fowl.

July 19, 2015 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
July 19, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Other Paperback Edition)
March 23, 2019 – Started Reading