Candace's Reviews > Like a Love Story

Like a Love Story by Abdi Nazemian

Have you ever read a book that you finish and say you are a different person when you finish it? That's this book. There are books that are powerful and important and then there are books that are POWERFUL and IMPORTANT and this is the latter. This book impacted me on all levels. Beautiful, romantic, smart, quirky and so many other things. This is the book I never knew I desperately needed but once I read it I wondered where it has been the last 20 years. I have not cried this hard from a book in years and it's not because it's sad, though it is at times, it's because of the beauty of it all. And the impact it has left on my life.
It's rare that I finish a book and then sit my kids down for a deep talk but this one brought that about. I want them to understand things more deeply. To GET how beautiful life is and how blessed they are to live NOW. Life may not be perfect and it's often a stressful time, but we've got to remember how things have been in the past.
Just read this. And tell everyone else to read it cause everyone should.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Like a Love Story.

March 22, 2019 – Started Reading
March 22, 2019 – Shelved
March 24, 2019 –
page 368
"I haven’t cried this hard from a book in ages. So beautiful, romantic and sad."
March 24, 2019 – Finished Reading