Michael Slavin's Reviews > The Good Samaritan

The Good Samaritan by John Marrs

bookshelves: crime-thriller, fiction, mystery, suspense, thriller

2,000 plus Amazon reviews

Terrific story! Really, really surprised me in a few places.

Read this book at your own risk, some one-star reviews called it, dark, sick, twisted, etc. But it is good and very well written, so smooth as it transitions from one character to another and tells the story from many different points of view. I liked it and was impressed.

Yes, you will hate the main character; really hate her, and a few others. I mean she works as a volunteer at a suicide hotline and talks people into going ahead and committing suicide. That’s not a spoiler, you know this pretty quickly. But that isn’t the only thing she does that is horrible. The story really has a lot of twists and turns. This book has no limits on doing things immorally, but it never really gets gross or bloody.

Takes place in England.

Strongly recommend, if you don’t mind reading about bad people, who would do anything to get what they want.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Samaritan.

Started Reading
2019 – Finished Reading
March 22, 2019 – Shelved
March 22, 2019 – Shelved as: crime-thriller
March 22, 2019 – Shelved as: fiction
March 22, 2019 – Shelved as: mystery
March 22, 2019 – Shelved as: suspense
March 22, 2019 – Shelved as: thriller

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Tara (new) - added it

Tara Rock Your recommendations are extremely helpful; thanks much.

Michael Slavin Tara wrote: "Your recommendations are extremely helpful; thanks much."
Thanks, I try to review it like I'm talking to a friend at Starbucks. Have a great day!

message 3: by Tara (new) - added it

Tara Rock That's working well, Michael. You, also, have a good day.

Joann OK your review has won me over. Read another one by this author and enjoyed it.

message 5: by Ivonne (new) - added it

Ivonne Rovira Wonderful review, and thank you for the recommendation!

Michael Slavin Joann wrote: "OK your review has won me over. Read another one by this author and enjoyed it."
TY

Michael Slavin Ivonne wrote: "Wonderful review, and thank you for the recommendation!"
TY

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Intriguing review--

Michael Slavin Kathleen wrote: "Intriguing review--"

TY Kathleen.....Have a great day.

message 10: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Thanks for the recommendation Michael, the synopsis sounds interesting.....will check it out!

Michael Slavin Linda wrote: "Thanks for the recommendation Michael, the synopsis sounds interesting.....will check it out!"
TY Linda for the comment. Have a great day. Mike