Noa ☾'s Reviews > Onyx

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: kindle, read-in-2019, young-adult, reviewed

Yes, Daemon is hot but what do you think about a female main character who will not let anyone but herself dictate her actions, won’t take anyone’s shit and is all about empowerment ? Because same.

I really really enjoyed Onyx. The pace was great, and we got to know so much more. Katy and Daemon’s relationship is evolving and I’m liking it A LOT. I also like how Katy trusts herself (granted, she makes mistakes) but she also doesn’t let Daemon control her (and he IS super controlling).

The dynamics between them is UNREAL and I haven’t shipped two characters like that in a while. However I cannot deal with him when he gets all cold-brooding-bad-boy-controlling type of dude. I just can’t. I must’ve overdosed on these types of male characters when I was a teen and the instant a hint of that “bad-boy-ness” shows, I’m out. Katy is so witty and quick and I can’t wait to see her grow. Her character development so far has been amazing. The plot twists weren’t all that “twisty” and I saw most of them coming from a mile away. Can't wait to keep going with this series !

💫Keep up with me on my blog! 💫(please do, I need validation)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Onyx.

March 22, 2019 – Shelved