Lisa's Reviews > Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors

Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors by Molly Harper

Feb 11, 2012

bookshelves: humor, paranormal-romance, vampires
Read from March 06 to 08, 2012

This Nice Girls installment opens with a romantic proposal that tugged at my heartstrings - loved it! Before the chapter ends, there's a horrific accident and Jane is forced to turn someone she used to babysit. She becomes a sire and Gabriel, a grand-sire to a "newborn vampire". Each chapter starts with tips from 'Siring for the Stupid: A Beginner's Guide to Raising Newborn Vampires', which sound a lot like raising kids and/or teens. The first being, Whoever said childbirth is the most difficult thing a parent can go through has never dealt with a moody teenage vampire. Can Jane and Gabriel's relationship withstand the stress of having a newborn vampire in their household? And add the stress of wedding planning and Jane's wacky family, hoo-boy! Oh, and there's somebody out to kill either Jane and/or Gabriel. Molly Harper kept me in stitches throughout and wishing my husband can be as romantic as Gabriel.

This book has the feel of a series finale, which makes me a bit sad. Hopefully, Harper will keep us in touch with these much-loved characters in a future spin-off, 'The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires'.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors.

05/19/2016 marked as: read