Lori D's Reviews > The Look of Love

The Look of Love by Meara Platt

London 1815 Be Still My Heart! I am in love with a Beast!! When Olivia Gosling was six years old, she was saved from drowning by Alexander Beastling, The Duke of Hartford. That was the day they met and he gave her the name of Little Goose. His Little Goose. Sigh.
Now back from the war, Olivia spotted him as she was browsing the shelves of the book store. The funny thing was a book kept falling on her head! "The Book of Love". Thus starts the story as the two greet each other. Of course, he had always been her hero since he saved her and now he looked just as handsome as always! He ends up buying her the book although is suspect as to the contents!
But Olivia was in dire straits with her Cousin, now her guardian since her parents had passed away. She was fearful he had plans to marry her off while treating her badly and leaving her around his debaunched friends.
Beast comes to the rescue and forces him to let her go to a house party and the fun begins. She and her two friends who are there also are going to use the advice in the book to see if they can make someone love them! Oh yes, I want to see that book! Each chooses a subject, or should I say man and Olivia chooses Beast!
This story just touched my heart and was filled with longing and such playfulness and humor among Goose and Beast (don't you adore it?) that I could only smile as I turned the pages to see what would happen. I have to say this is one of my favorite books this year will go on my keeper shelf. In true Meara Platt style, she captures the essence of times with such feeling and emotion that turn a great story into an exceptional one.
"To say she looked spectacular was an understatement. She looked like an angel. No longer his Little Goose."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Look of Love.

March 21, 2019 – Shelved