Brenda's Reviews > Whisper

Whisper by Lynette Noni

bookshelves: 2018-release, aussie-authors, fantasy, science-fiction, sent-by-publisher, young-adult, 5000-2019, own-read

Subject Six-Eight-Four had been locked in a cell during the night and experimented on during the day for over two and a half years. The place was called Lengard; it was filled with guards and evaluators – she knew there were others, but she didn’t see them. Until the day she was taken to the head of Lengard and things changed. She was still a monster and she still refused to speak. They called her Jane Doe as she wouldn’t tell them her name…

Gradually the kindness of the new evaluator caused Jane’s resolve to stumble. But still she had no trust for anyone. She didn’t trust herself; therefore, she trusted no one else. But was something changing within the walls of the facility that she now called home? Jane learned startling news – was it true? Could it possibly be that all she’d thought was true, was lies? And could she change anything with the powers she had no idea how to control?

Whisper by Aussie author Lynette Noni is the first in the Whisper series and I was captivated! Nothing like I’ve ever read before. Set in Sydney – or under Sydney to be precise – directly below Centre Point Tower and Taronga Zoo. A fascinating young adult speculative fiction novel (and for the older among us), Whisper is one I highly recommend.

With thanks to Pantera Press for my copy to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whisper.

March 20, 2019 – Shelved
July 22, 2019 – Started Reading
July 22, 2019 – Shelved as: 5000-2019
July 22, 2019 – Shelved as: own-read
July 23, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Kylie H It's great isn't it! That is why I was relieved and disappointed to find out there are only two books in this 'series'.

Carolyn Sounds interesting Brenda. I hope to read it next week if I can fit it in.

message 3: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf) Oh wow this sounds amazing!!!!! Great review!

Brenda Kylie H wrote: "It's great isn't it! That is why I was relieved and disappointed to find out there are only two books in this 'series'."

Completely loved it Kylie :) Yes, I'm hoping there's more but I guess we'll find out in November when the next is released :)

Brenda Carolyn wrote: "Sounds interesting Brenda. I hope to read it next week if I can fit it in."

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did Carolyn :)

Brenda Melissa wrote: "Oh wow this sounds amazing!!!!! Great review!"

Thanks Melissa! Brilliant :)

message 7: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Great review Brenda!

Brenda Thanks Wendy :)