Chloe's Reviews > The Tell-Tale Heart: And Other Stories

The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe

bookshelves: 2019, own-physical

The stories are creepy and well-written, the illustrations are amazing, and this book itself is so beautiful that I just had to buy it. I also have the Barnes and Noble leather bound book of Poe's stories and poems, so when I finally sit down with that, it'll be to read the poems, and any stories that weren't featured in this edition. I love his style, his poetry is definitely my preference to his stories, but they're so iconic for the horror genre and referenced all the time in modern works.

I would love to see, or write, some feminist retellings of some of these stories, because we all know the role of the female in his works is typically to be beautiful and to die. It's not a criticism per say because I understand it's very closely linked to Poe's personal life and what moved him, but it'd be very fun to play with and make some of his girls a little more layered.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tell-Tale Heart.

March 20, 2019 – Started Reading
March 20, 2019 – Shelved
March 20, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
March 20, 2019 –
65.0% "I'm not reading them in order so I don't know my actual progress but I've read 10 of the 15 stories"
March 20, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019