Tari's Reviews > Sconed to Death

Sconed to Death by Lynn Cahoon

bookshelves: 2019-spring-challenge

I always love visiting the Warm Springs Writers' Retreat in this series! Cat always gets involved somehow in a murder, but this time she was lucky enough not to have found the body. However, her natural curiosity and wanting to help people took over and she did end up stopping a killer in their tracks.

I liked that this group of writers were cozy mystery authors. It was fun to hear them toss around their ideas and enjoy being at the retreat. The side story about Shauna planning to go visit her estranged brother in NYC was good. I wasn't sure if she'd be able to pull it off, since she does enjoy cooking for Cat even when there's not a retreat. It was cute to see her being a mother hen and wanting to make sure that both Cat and Seth had enough food in their houses and food made ahead for the week after the retreat. I wasn't totally sure about who the killer was, and I didn't have the reason down, but the showdown was pretty good. Cat seems to be getting a little cleverer and more careful with each case. It was pretty awesome when she took down the killer. I saw that the next book is scheduled for February and I'm happy that at least this is one series that I'm caught up in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sconed to Death.

March 20, 2019 – Shelved