Sofia Grey's Reviews > The Demon in Me

The Demon in Me by Michelle Rowen

Feb 11, 2012

Read in January, 2012

This was a fun and easy read, with a good sense of romantic tension running through it. Eden has always been slightly psychic, little flashes of mostly useless information that is only normally good for finding lost keys or dogs. Finding a dog earns her a recommendation to assist the police force in finding a serial killer – and leads her straight to where he’s hiding. At this point, the demon currently using the killer’s body for a host, leaps to Eden’s body instead. His name is Darrak and for the past 300 years he’s been body-hopping, while he tries to find a way to break the curse laid upon him.

Eden is having enough problems without this. Her attraction to hunky police officer Ben is scuttled, a bunch of super-religious exorcists are chasing her – and she finds herself strangely attracted to Darrak. Due to her high psychic abilities he is able to draw on her power and take human form during daylight hours – as long as he stays close to her. Moving any distance away causes them both incredible pain. Finding the delicious Darrak in her bed every morning, takes some getting used to.

And even when they finally locate the witch that placed the curse – and have a chance to break it – it’s still not as clear-cut as Eden would have thought. Will she take the chance to get rid of Darrak? Or does she like living with a demon? For my taste, it could have been a bit more sexy, but the storyline gripped me and I’m looking forward to reading the sequel. 4/5

Check out more reviews on my blog: http://janesbooks.wordpress.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon in Me.