Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Cutie Pies and Deadly Lies

Cutie Pies and Deadly Lies by Addison Moore

Cutie Pies and Deadly Lies is book one in the Murder in the Mix series by Addison Moore. It’s a cute fun cozy mystery. It’s half romance, half murder mystery, with a dab of paranormal.

This is my first experience with Addison Moore. I grabbed this book; because it was free, the cover was attractive, and I liked that our lead Lottie can see dead pets. A little paranormal in my cozy mysteries is always something I enjoy.

The writing was good. The author is very descriptive and at times that became to much. Some of the sentences ended up being long and that distracted me a little.

As for our lead Lottie Lemon, that name LOL, can see dead pets; which are harbingers for ominous things to come. I enjoyed Lottie. She’s funny, quirky, and the paranormal twist on her seeing dead pets was a fun added bonus. The only down side to Lottie was that every man she runs into she goes off in her head on how cute or sexy they are. That type of thinking takes away from the story and can be too much, at least for me.

I did enjoy the secondary characters. Getting to know her friends and the other citizens of Honey Hollow.

The mystery was well done. It had enough clues and suspects to consider. There were a few twists and turns and the ending was a surprise.

Cutie Pies and Deadly Lies was a cute fun cozy mystery read. I enjoyed it and plan to pick up the next book.

Rated: 3 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cutie Pies and Deadly Lies.

March 19, 2019 – Started Reading
March 20, 2019 – Shelved as: 3-stars
March 20, 2019 – Shelved as: freebie-online
March 20, 2019 – Shelved as: kindle-own-library
March 20, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Awesome review Angela!💋👍😉💖

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Awesome review Angela!💋👍😉💖"

Thank's!