Angie's Reviews > Warrior of the Wild

Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult, from-subscription-boxes

My Review: As soon as I heard about this book I knew I wanted to read it. While I wasn't a huge fan of the Daughter of the Pirate King audio books, I am always all in for Viking books. In my opinion this really isn't much of a viking story, other than the use of axes and honor system. Again, like the previous books by Levenseller, I was not a fan of the main character, Ras is over confident and abrasive and so selfish for the most part. I was also not thrilled to see yet again parents who simply use their children but no one sees it until it is too late, I am getting a little tired of the horrible parent trope. I did like how the romance didn't take over the story too much, though when it did take a front seat for a bit, it was awkward and threw me a bit out of the story. I did see the twist coming a pretty long way off but like how it played out in the end. With all that said, there is a lot of action, but spread out to allow the characters time to recover, and it keeps the pages turning quickly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warrior of the Wild.

December 28, 2018 – Shelved (ARC Edition)
December 28, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (ARC Edition)
March 19, 2019 – Started Reading