Hayden Ellington's Reviews > My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey

My Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor

Feb 10, 2012

bookshelves: memoir, science, health, non-fiction, biography, psychology, own, own1
Recommended to Hayden by: Me {:
Recommended for: Everyone who has an interest in brains, strokes and nirvana

//This is my first review ever\\

As I was looking through the sales at Coles, I was immediately pulled towards this book. The cover is interesting with all those colors making the brain. So I read the back and with the title I guessed what it would talk about. Nobody that I personally know when through a stroke recently, but the phrases on the cover spoke to me... So I took the book, it was just 2CAD$ after all!

I found that it was better than I had originally thought. The descriptions were interesting, the process of her stroke going down on her were well written. It was almost like it was a bullet-point book, except it's not. The descriptions flow naturally. It's a very good read if your have an interest in the mechanism of the brain or of strokes...

I liked all the aide on the differences of the left and right brain. It's such a complex idea that I always welcome some more information on it. They're linked in such a way, you think you blend into both, but you have different perceptions of life with one from the other.

A the end, I believe it was a very good read. (:

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Stroke of Insight.

February 10, 2012 – Started Reading