Gloria Grossi's Reviews > May You Be Blessed With Failure

May You Be Blessed With Failure by Mark Restaino

85198959

did not like it

** spoiler alert ** I am not a denominational Christian and when I discovered that this book is catholic based, I had no issues at all. As long as the material does not contradict the bible we are good.

This book is of 35 pages. There was no specification within the book that spoke of the age range this book is meant for. All I know is that this material is intended for children.

I had my expectations high and I truly wanted to like this material but there was numerous question that grew in my mind as I read this book.

Overall, I don't like this material and you are about to learn why.

THE BOOK TITLE

I feel terrible discussing this! Thinking of it, I know it isn't in my place to tell the Authors, what to call their material but I feel the need to discuss this.

With that being said, I believe the title choice for this material wasn't the best. This book's title is likely to convert better with a Christian self-help book for mature minds.

When I got the chance to pick from various books by these writers, I picked this one out of curiosity and expectations. The book title is something that called me as an Adult.

On the other hand, this book is less likely to convert sales if a child is given the opportunity to make a choice. From experience, no kid wants to be a failure and no kid is patient enough to think through those words.

As a mother, this book title might get my attention on a bookshelf but I will find it difficult trusting it is a material that I can hand over to my youngster.

This is just me, you might think differently and that is cool.

THE MESSAGE

Learning of the message inside this material was something I was excited to do, however, things turned sour rapidly.

Many questions sprouted in my head as I went through this material.

1. Is this book really for kids?

2. By what means can a kid comprehend the messages?

3. How will a child perceive God after reading this material?

4. Does the word of God concur with this message?

There is nothing wrong with educating or setting up your kids on the best way to deal with troublesome circumstances when they emerge, however, when you make them feel like terrible things transpire in light of the fact that God needs to teach them a lesson; I feel there is an issue.

How about we do not overlook the fact that the minds of kids are sponges and they soak up every one thing we show and teach them.

Telling a child that; hunger, pain, hopelessness, or fear is a blessing because God wants to teach them is something that is unacceptable by me.

Maybe if you know what it means to be hungry, you wouldn't think of it as a gift. Let's not forget that; "the God we serve is fit for providing every one of our needs as per his wealth in glory"- Philippians 4:19

God has not sent Jesus to make us embrace hunger or any sort of pain.

I have been in pain and I disclose to you it ain't no blessing. Jesus isn't in charge of blessing individuals with agony, his idea for us is of good and not of evil!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope. And fear is not of God." -Jeremiah 29:11

In the same scripture Jeremiah 29:11 God clarified that he has come to give us hope and the last sentence expresses that "And fear isn't of God"
Can someone explain how a good God will bless his children with things He does not stand for? I am confused!

The Illustration

I adored the illustrations within this material. I felt they were cute and very well done.

Yet! an issue came up toward the end of the book when we were introduced to what the illustrations represented.

Jesus was a boy! How do you expect a child to understand this without messing with their head?

I do not want to go in-depth on the illustrations because I have a lot to say about them. I am leaving it as I don't like this material and I can't recommend it.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Publication Date: December 6, 2018

Length: 35 pages
Genre: Children's Christian Learning Concepts Fiction
Book cover: Very clean and attractive
Book cover Rating: 5 Stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read May You Be Blessed With Failure.

March 19, 2019 – Shelved