KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > The Unlucky Ones

The Unlucky Ones by Stacey Marie Brown

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicTHE UNLUCKY ONES: Is a complete stand-alone romance novel by new to me author ‘Stacey Marie Brown’

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBEFORE: From the age of sixteen Devon's family was reeling from the death of their father whom was killed in the line of duty, her mother at only forty seven had aged beyond her years and had barely held on, not long after her mother had lost her regular day to day job she'd had at the bakery. Her sister barely made it through college before getting knocked up by a low life abusive boyfriend and having to drop out. Thus making devon the responsible one.

NOW: At almost eighteen and a senior in highschool Devon has had the world put on her shoulders. Her mother has just been diagnosed with an exceedingly rare early onset of Alzheimer's. College would have to go on hold. Her dreams to study abroad were crunched. It was no secret I would be the one to help my mother. Amelia, though older, was never the responsible or compassionate one.

On that exact same day she learns that her boyfriend of three years was sleeping around behind her back with her best friend was the final nail in the coffin.

Love..Betrayed me..He was in a hotel room at this moment, screwing my best friend, while my mother's mind was beginning to rot away.

This led to one rash decision when an opportunity arises for her to have one reckless moment for herself with one hot life changing encounter with an exceedingly beautiful dangerous stranger in the bathroom of a diner where she'd been with her best friend commiserating with how her life had changed in the blink of an eye.

As she's leaving the bathroom red and blue flashing lights has her eyes wandering to the window where she witnesses her Uncle handcuffing the guy she'd just had sex with. A beautiful criminal. Learning much later on that his name was Finn Montgomery, him and partner had robbed a hospital for drugs more than likely to sell later on for triple the price on the black market.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

FIVE YEARS LATER: Now at the age of twenty two and with their mother's disease progressing further than the facility was capable of dealing with they had to make the hard decision of leaving the town they grew up in and moving to Albuquerque. In desperate need of finding full time employment to pay the medical bills etc that are piling up she comes across a high end sort of bar befriending the friendly bartender who hires her on the spot.

But when she meets the owner, Lincoln Kessler she feels such a deep emotional connection towards him which is unexplainable even though he's a jerk towards her from the get go. A man full of secrets. He hated her on the spot and wanted to fire her. It took a long time for her to break down his walls and find out what he was hiding.

I devoured this, inhaled it, breathed it, lived it, loved it.

I went into this completely blind, the blurb and cover caught my eye, I didn’t have any expectations going into this, though early reviews rated it highly. And I can clearly understand why because omg I fell in love with this book and these characters from the get go, heartbreaking, unique, unputdownable, undeniably good. It went from an easy 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating that quickly became a favourite read this year.

So easy to get into..Seconds, minutes, hours ceased to exist, once started it was hard to put down. A story you could connect with easily. Characters that nestled in your heart. There is nothing I would change about this book.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unlucky Ones.

March, 2019 – Started Reading
March 24, 2019 – Shelved as: second-chance-romance
March 24, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
March 24, 2019 – Shelved as: recommend-read
March 24, 2019 – Shelved as: standalone

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

message 1: by Ari (new)

Ari Oohh enjoy babe!!!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Ari wrote: "Oohh enjoy babe!!!"

Thank you!! :)

message 3: by Richelle (new)

Richelle Robinson Excellent review!! I have my eye on this one and so happy it was a good read.

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Richelle wrote: "Excellent review!! I have my eye on this one and so happy it was a good read."

Elle's Book Blog Looks like an amazing book! The cover def. draws me in!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Got me too, so glad I read it.

Nikki ღ Navareus Phenomenal review, Babe!! This one sounds like a fantastic read! xx

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Thank you Niki ❤️😘❤️

message 9: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Wow, awesome review. Must put it on my list. It sounds great. 🤗

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Thank you!! Definitely one click it. 😘

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Fab review, Doll! How much OW drama is in this one? :D

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ You are safe to go, there is no OW drama at all.

V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤 Great review Kat 😍 this sounds like a winner 💕

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "You are safe to go, there is no OW drama at all."

OHHH, surprising because this author usually has that type of thing! Now I annoyed with myself for not signing up! (lol)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "You are safe to go, there is no OW drama at all."

LOL!! Maybe she needed to switch things up

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤 wrote: "Great review Kat 😍 this sounds like a winner 💕"

Thank you! Definitelyly a one click recommendation xox

Romance Schmomance (Malia) Welcome to the SMB fan club!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Romance Schmomance (Malia) wrote: "Welcome to the SMB fan club!"

Awww thank you!! xox

Mindy Lou's Book Review Great review, Kat!

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth Wow this sounds amazing. Love your review, Kat. I wants it! <3

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth wrote: "Wow this sounds amazing. Love your review, Kat. I wants it! <3"

Thank you Astrid!! Definitely give it a shot and I'm hoping you end up loving it as much as I did xox

Mindy Lou's Book Review wrote: "Great review, Kat!"

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Fantastic review, love! Glad you enjoyed <3 x

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Fantastic review, love! Glad you enjoyed <3 x"

message 24: by Chan (new)

Chan Fab review. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Chan wrote: "Fab review. I'm glad that you enjoyed it."

message 26: by Radd Reader (new) - added it

Radd Reader Great review.! This one is on my TBR. Hoping to get to it soon.

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Radd Reader wrote: "Great review.! This one is on my TBR. Hoping to get to it soon."

Thank you!! I hope you love it as much as I did 😘