Laurie Hanan's Reviews > The First Rule of Ten: A Tenzing Norbu Mystery

The First Rule of Ten by Gay Hendricks

Feb 10, 2012

Read from February 10 to 13, 2012

After ten years as a cop, Tenzing Norbu has turned in his badge and set himself up as a private investigator. Next thing you know, a case falls in his lap—or shows up at his front door. Sounds pretty typical, doesn’t it?
But Ten is anything but your typical P.I. He was raised in a Tibetan monastery, where he learned the art of mindfulness, awareness, of being in the moment. He has a keenly developed skill of observation that made him a good cop. This skill will become vitally important as he investigates his first case as a freelance detective. He reads other people so well, and yet, when it comes to his romantic relationships, he snaps—then wonders why. He’s carrying some baggage, just like the rest of us, which gives him room to grow.
The writing flows easily. The action as well as the likeable character made this book hard to put down. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Ten, and look forward to the next Rule of Ten.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Rule of Ten.