Mohammed Al-Garawi's Reviews > The War of the Worlds

The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells

Feb 10, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, f_rec, luna-2nd-teens
Read from February 18 to March 06, 2015 , read count: 1

Brilliantly daunting. This is as classic as science fiction gets. A full on attack on Earth from Mars. My heart palpitates by the prospect of discovering an extra-terrestrial life form, let alone being visited by advanced forms of intelligent beings.

The ending is great, and I loved the touch of biological evolution in the plot. It's amazing how we understand ourselves even more by imagining our demise.

I also enjoyed reading this in London, since most of the events take place here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The War of the Worlds.

Quotes Mohammed Liked

H.G. Wells
“Be a man!... What good is religion if it collapses under calamity? Think of what earthquakes and floods, wars and volcanoes, have done before to men! Did you think that God had exempted [us]? He is not an insurance agent.”
H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds

H.G. Wells
“By the toll of a billion deaths man has bought his birthright of the earth, and it is his against all comers; it would still be his were the Martians ten times as mighty as they are. For neither do men live nor die in vain.”
H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds