Matt's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

bookshelves: audiobook

The final instalment of the Millennium series picks up where Book 2 ends, as the main characters are in some real trouble. While some may say this is the 'best of the lot', I venture to say that Books 1 and 3 are in a tight race for this honour. It does tie up some important loose ends, but it does leave some really wide open questions from getting their deserved answers.

We get a legal sense of the Swedish system in the third book (I will be vague for those who read reviews of the entire collection before reading them), and while it mirrors the US legal system, there are some key differences. We also get some admission that womanising is not only a James Bond thing and the ladies seem to flow along the bed sheets of our main male character with abandon. Not that I am too surprised... men are dogs, no matter where they live.

Larsson has an excellent way of weaving facts he tosses out early in Book 1 and makes them highly important much later on, so you best listen or pay attention. Tons of that here... especially as it relates to the traumas of Book 1.

Oh Herr Larsson, how you died too soon, for I can see many more books coming from this trilogy. Alas, someone will have to pick up your pen and keep writing, or readers will remain forever unsated.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

February 10, 2012 – Shelved
April 1, 2012 –
page 453
April 2, 2012 – Finished Reading
November 4, 2012 – Shelved as: audiobook

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Erin Matt, a author did pick up the pen. There are already two more books in the series out there on the market.

Barry Cunningham Thanks Matt, a great review, I too loved this series of books ans have recently acquired the next two, inspired by these. I wonder if they will be as good. We shall see?
Cheers
Barry

Matt Erin wrote: "Matt, a author did pick up the pen. There are already two more books in the series out there on the market."

Yes, thank you, Erin. This review was posted before someone else did create havoc with this series.

Matt Barry wrote: "Thanks Matt, a great review, I too loved this series of books ans have recently acquired the next two, inspired by these. I wonder if they will be as good. We shall see?
Cheers
Barry"

Thank you, Barry. Alas, I feel they are not as good. Rarely have I found authors continuing a series are able to keep the momentum.

message 5: by Pat (new)

Pat Great review Matt, and a great shame that we cannot enjoy more stellar fiction from Mr Larsson :(

Matt Pat wrote: "Great review Matt, and a great shame that we cannot enjoy more stellar fiction from Mr Larsson :("

Thanks Pat... rumour has it, Larsson’s wife is sitting on some.