Caffeinated Fae's Reviews > Royal Elves

Royal Elves by Misty D. Billman

it was ok
bookshelves: autographed-books, 01-my-bookshelf, convention-authors

Trigger Warnings: Abuse, Violence

I bought this book a few years ago at Denver Pop Culture Con and decided that it was time to sit down and read it as part of my #ClearingTheHoard challenge. This tiny little novella looked like something that would be right up my alley. I love fantasy & a short novella sounded like it would be perfect for the end of the month.

Unfortunately, I never felt connected with the characters. Hisime & Cadamore could have been interesting characters but they felt very two dimensional. I really wish that there was more to them. I felt no emotional attachment to them and I almost DNF'd the book in the first 20 pages of the 68-page book.

The plot was interesting which is what kept me reading. I loved the idea but the execution wasn't up to par with what I normally read. I also did find a few spelling errors in this book which were very blatant.

All in all, I wasn't really a fan. I wish that I felt more of a connection with the characters. I may continue on in the series solely for the fact that I own it but I doubt that I will.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Royal Elves.

March 16, 2019 – Shelved