Claire Robinson's Reviews > Holding Out

Holding Out by Serena Bell

bookshelves: shit-hot-series

4 - "Amazing... Every time." Stars!

The fourth book in Serena Bell’s Returning Home series gives us Griff and Becca’s story. Holding Out initially starts with a couple who originally agree on one night together for a specific reason, in that Becca wishes to lose her virginity.

"If you hire Griff Ambrose for a job, he’s going to do it right."

Griff having been burned by love previously is happy to take up the challenge as long as Becca understands it will be a strictly ‘one and done’ deal.

"The first rule of Operation V-Card is, there is no operation V-Card…"

Both coming from a close group of friends, that include Becca’s older sister, who is incidentally married to Griff’s best friend brings about its own set of challenges in keeping things on the down low, especially after the deed is done Griff realises that he may not actually see Becca in the same light as his previous one-night stands. They may have had the one, but Griff is far from done… And Becca is fully on-board with the plan.

"It seems like we’re actually not done."

A nice easy read, nothing new or shocking about the plot. I am still not a massive fan of 1st POV, but it was well executed in this instance, particularly with dual POV also giving us both sides of the story, and allowing us into their heads at the right times. I’ve enjoyed Serena’s work for a while now and Holding Out was a great addition to the Returning Home series.

ARC generously provided by the author, in exchange for the above honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holding Out.

March 16, 2019 – Shelved