Kat (Kindred Dreamheart)'s Reviews > Witchy, Witchy

Witchy, Witchy by Penelope King

Feb 10, 2012

bookshelves: arc, e-reader

Thanks to Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics and R2R for entrusting me with an honest review.

The name was ridiculous; and I thought the dreamy cover was too elementary. *Sigh* And then I turned to the first page…

This book made me absolutely giddy. This is like a supernatural coming of age novel. Being from the hills of Tennessee and moving all over the world, I could relate to the main character. It’s not easy to feel welcome in the BIG city when you have a country drawl. The enemies in this book were tangible, infuriating, and REALLY went for blood. I could feel my own blood boil. The supporting characters were great. Sophie in particular, was downright comic relief and Lily was the grounding factor. Oh and there was a leading man. Or dream man I should say. If the scenes with him weren’t a dream, I would probably gag, but because they were played off as imaginary infatuations, I was right on board…drooling on my Nook. This world of witchcraft was introduced conversationally like snippets of education in girl talk. Very casual and I like that it wasn’t just shoved at the reader in the beginning. I couldn’t have been more devastated, then when the words stopped and the story ended.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchy, Witchy.

February 10, 2012 – Shelved
February 10, 2012 – Shelved as: arc
February 10, 2012 – Shelved as: e-reader
February 17, 2012 – Started Reading
February 17, 2012 –
page 26
7.93% "NOW this had me hooked at the first sentence. I was kind of scared at first because the cover is a turn off."
February 17, 2012 –
page 26
7.93% "Correction, the cover and the name was a turn off."
February 18, 2012 – Finished Reading