Jena Henry's Reviews > Do You Know Your Mom's Story?: 365 Questions You Need to Ask Her

Do You Know Your Mom's Story? by Glenna Mageau

Part-memoir and part non-fiction, this book is also a gift to you, your mother and your family. The woman that raised you is amazing, but not perfect. And woman forget to honor themselves. This book is a loving and positive place to start learning more about your mother and to raise her up.

Author Glenna Mageau’s compassionate and understanding words will encourage you to explore your Mom’s history. This guide is not just a list of routine, factual questions. The author asks us to meet our mother where she is at.

How meaningful it will be to learn more about your Mom’s journey- as her own person, the woman behind the label of “Mom” of “Wife.” We all want to know that we matter. This heartwarming book will help you both understand each other and help you to start a deeper connection with your mother and then keep the conversations going. But the author recognizes that some relationships have much more pain than others.

We forget that times have changed, and each generation faced different challenges and expectations. How illuminating it will be to enter your mother’s world. The author believes it may help you grow, mend, or heal your relationship with your mother.

This book provides a wonderful variety of questions. You don’t have to go through all 365, neither do you have to start at the beginning. Start where you and you Mom will feel comfortable.

My own mother was talkative about her own life and memories. After reading the questions in this book, I know I would have liked to learn more. Here are some of the questions that resounded with me:
Who did she have the most fun with in her family?
When did she learn to drive? Who taught her?
What were her parents’ expectations for her life?
Where does she believe she got her strength from over the years, to deal with all the occurred in her life? What is her advice for getting through tough situations?
Who was the worst boss she ever had?
What is she most proud of in her life?

I recommend this book. It will help you to have a heart to heart talk with your mother about her life, her dreams, and her beliefs. What a gift- to get to know the woman who is your mother.

Thanks to NetGalley and Books Go Social for a review copy. This is my honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Do You Know Your Mom's Story?.

Finished Reading
March 16, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Glenna Mageau Hi Jena. Thank you for the review and your kind words. We truly have forgotten that each generation has gone through different times. I am glad that you were able to learn a lot about your mom's journey and sorry that you won't be able to ask more. I truly hope it will start many heart to heart conversations.