Nadia's Reviews > The Girl He Used to Know

The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves

bookshelves: favorites, best-of-2019, romance

This book should come with a warning: 'Highly addictive - Do not start reading unless you have the next few hours of your day free!'

Luckily for me, I did have time to finish this in one sitting as it would have been a torture otherwise. Annika and Jonathan used to date at college and haven't seen each other for 10 years. When they bump into each other at a supermarket, they are reminded of their time together. The chapters from the present time are intertwined with chapters from 10 years ago when the couple met and got together. Annika is not an ordinary girl, while good-hearted and honest, Annika suffers from overwhelming fear of social situations and finds it challenging to make friends.

Told from both Annika's and Jonathan's point of view, the story is simple, yet captivating and beautiful. The story unfolds just at the right pace, making it a mesmerising read. Both characters feel real and you get to love them almost instantly. I would recommend this to all fiction readers looking for an uplifting read that makes you smile.

UK publication date: 4 April 2019

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl He Used to Know.

March 16, 2019 – Started Reading
March 16, 2019 – Shelved
March 16, 2019 – Finished Reading
March 18, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites
March 23, 2019 – Shelved as: best-of-2019
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

message 1: by Monica (new) - added it

Monica Kim: Reader in Emerald City lol, thanks for the warning!

Nadia Monica wrote: "lol, thanks for the warning!"

Haha! You are welcome, Mo! :))

Susanne  Strong Lovely review Nadia!

message 4: by Beata (new)

Beata We all need something uplifting, Nadia☺lovely review!🌹

Nadia Thank you Susanne! 💗

Nadia Absolutely, Beata! This was the right book at the right time. I hope you get a chance to read it! 💗

message 7: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy Stunning review Nadia! I’ll definitely have to keep my eyes peeled for this one 💙

Nadia Thank you Lucy!! 💗 I really hope you get to read it.

Brandice Wonderful review, Nadia! I loved this story - it’s definitely one of my favorites! :)

JV (semi-hiatus) Lovely write-up, dear Nadia! Can't wait to get my hands on this! 😊

message 11: by Bharath (new) - added it

Bharath Great review Nadia. Your reviews are giving me many more books to read, which I would miss otherwise. Thanks!

Nadia Brandice wrote: "Wonderful review, Nadia! I loved this story - it’s definitely one of my favorites! :)"

Thank you, Brandice! Yup, I added it to my favourite shelf too. 😊 I'm quite keen to read some of her other books.

Nadia JV wrote: "Lovely write-up, dear Nadia! Can't wait to get my hands on this! 😊"

Thank you JV!! It's a good one, I promise :)

Nadia Bharath wrote: "Great review Nadia. Your reviews are giving me many more books to read, which I would miss otherwise. Thanks!"

Thank you Bharath!! Haha, I hope you like it if you get to read it. It's a quick one to get through as well! 😊

Julie Wonderful review, Nadia!! 😊

message 16: by Felicia (new)

Felicia I've been reading some great praise for this one. Wonderful review, Nadia 💖

Nadia Julie wrote: "Wonderful review, Nadia!! 😊"

Thank you so much, Julie! 💗

Nadia Felicia wrote: "I've been reading some great praise for this one. Wonderful review, Nadia 💖"

Thank you so much, Felicia! 💗 So so captivating, I surprised myself how much I loved it!

*TUDOR^QUEEN* Great review! I loved this too! 💓😁💓

Nadia *TUDOR^QUEEN* wrote: "Great review! I loved this too! 💓😁💓"

Thank you, TQ! I loved your review! 💗

Cheri Wonderful review, Nadia! I really enjoyed this one, too!

Christine Well said, Nadia!

Denisa Parete well said - i read it in one sitting - awesome review like always

Nadia Cheri wrote: "Wonderful review, Nadia! I really enjoyed this one, too!"

Christine wrote: "Well said, Nadia!"

Thank you, Cheri and Christine! 💗

Nadia Denisa wrote: "well said - i read it in one sitting - awesome review like always"

Thank you so much, Denisa! Very kind! 💗