Liz's Reviews > Snow Angel Cove

Snow Angel Cove by RaeAnne Thayne

A quick, entertaining read but what a weird meet-cute!

Aidan literally knocks Eliza off her feet when his rented SUV skids on ice and hits her, after narrowly missing her five year old. Don't worry, though, it's only bruises and she barely needs ibuprofen after. (It's the type of book where Eliza feels like even that is some weakness, but to give her credit, she realizes later that was a bit too much.)

And Eliza is widowed (long enough ago to be totally ready to fall in love again even though she doesn't want to for reasons). She's also a hotel manager, but she literally moved to town that day, arriving in time to see the place that just hired her go up in flames. Oh, did I mention her daughter's heart condition?

Aidan is a tech billionaire and there is a very light connection to Eliza's dead husband. Enough for Eliza to feel slightly conflicted, all lower case. Oh, and the accident was totally not his fault because ice, black ice, on a patch that the city should have salted or sanded or whatever, plus it was a rental so it's not his fault the tires were terrible.

Will I read the rest of the series? OF COURSE. Haven Point is small town that is dying, and this book seems to be setting up that Aidan, Eliza, and the folks they meet will somehow change the economics of the town. I'll be honest: usually business stuff in books isn't treated very realistically, so I know I should be realistic in my expectations. Still, I love books set in small towns (probably because I don't live in one), and so I am very intrigued in how the series is going to show the town recover.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow Angel Cove.

March 16, 2019 – Started Reading