Kaitlin's Reviews > Past Presence

Past Presence by Nicole  Bross

bookshelves: netgalley, favorites

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Past Presence. It's been a while since I've been this into a book. I really loved the small town setting through the perspective of someone who moves around a lot. It sort of reminded me of Hart of Dixie, which I love. Audrey's character growth was really well done. She's given a past which explains her inability to stay in one place and her ability is explored often.

There was so much in this novel that I didn't expect like discussions around abortion, race, religion, small-town rumour mills, etc. There's so much about this novel that I loved. Like the pirate/smuggling past of the town and the starving Russian village past of many of the townies. I would really love to see more of Audrey adjusting to her new life. The novel ended on a really good note, but I (personally) would be interested in reading more, probably because I loved the whole thing. I loved her relationship with Kellen (they made me lol so many times). The romance that they develop is funny, yet steamy.

Also, past life narratives were really well thought out. There was a distinct storyline going on in many of the past lives and I really appreciate the parallels between the past lives and the present lives of characters. It was really interesting how the past narratives were introduced. Many times I wouldn't know whose past life I was reading until after the vision was over, which left me curious until I found out.

Overall, this is a really good debut novel from Nicole Bross. I will definitely read more from her in the future. I highly recommend this novel to people who enjoy paranormal mysteries with a hint of smutty romance.

Thanks to NetGalley for an eARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Past Presence.

March 15, 2019 – Shelved