Kirk's Reviews > Tales of Bryant

Tales of Bryant by V.L. Locey

bookshelves: lgbtq, m-m-romance

This was a lovely tale; almost a snapshot if you like, of two men who meet in Bryant Park in NYC. On paper, they’re like chalk and cheese; Isamu, a film student, working to make ends meet while working at Babette’s Brioche and Brian Gilles; a CTO and typical slick Manhattanite. Here we follow the two from their first meeting to falling into a relationship. The book is divided into the four seasons which perfectly match the evolution of their romantic journey. I really enjoyed digging deeper into Brian’s psyche, because at first, I couldn’t see what drove him and what was behind all the designer clothing and expensive car, but as time passes we get to see what’s underneath that smooth veneer and what makes him tick; the way he began to open up and tell Isamu about his upbringing and how that shaped him to be the man he is today told us a fair bit about the man and his motivations. Isamu is such an open book in a way; a very honest character who wears his heart on his sleeve and I so wanted him to find his HEA with Brian. What Isamu and Brian have is something really quite special, and see it told this way was really refreshing and it’s one I enjoyed immensely.

Review Copy requested and reviewed on behalf of OMG Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales of Bryant.

March 15, 2019 – Shelved