Ollie's Reviews > Omegas in Love

it was ok
bookshelves: book-review-request, paranormal-romance
Read in March, 2012

Review by Ollie for bittenbyparanormalromance

When I received this book I was intrigued on reading a book about shifters and the struggle that one shifter goes through to retrieve his love from an evil alpha bent on forcing his mate bear children for another. As I read this book I really tried to keep an open mind, but I kept on coming across obstacles that made it difficult to really get into the book.

Perhaps the biggest issue I had with the book were the descriptions of the main characters Tyler and Katrina. Over and over the again the author kept on emphasizing how rake thin both characters were especially Tyler. I may be shallow, but when I read a paranormal romance book I want my males to be big, strong and very alpha instead of constantly of them being constantly described as stick thin, with no muscles and not really physically attractive. For me it just kills the whole reason for reading this type of genre: to escape and to fantasize. I mean it is hard to get all hot and bothered by what the author describes as a lanky, 150 lbs. red-haired Ronald MacDonald lookalike (this is what the author actually said).

As for Katrina there doesn't seem to be much to go on in terms of developing a connection with her. We know certain facts about her background such as her escape from China where she would have been forced to bear children for the local alpha and her relationship with Tyler, but we really don't know her on an emotional level.

Though I do like the point that when push came to shove Tyler was able to allow his shifter side to take over and fight for the woman he loved and save her. However, it just wasn't enough for me to get enthralled by the book. I found the book didn't have enough romance and strong characters to get worked up about and get excited about what was going to happen next. Though it may appeal to some who like a lanky type of guy getting the girl who he loves back unfortunately I would have liked to have seen better character development and a more dynamic storyline.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Omegas in Love.