Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > King Of Shadows

King Of Shadows by Kathryn Ann Kingsley

bookshelves: april-5-star-reads

description

descriptionFirst off, I am just going to say Lydia is my spirit animal. Christ on a cracker I LOVE her character! The whole scene with Otoi...GOLD. Pure gold. (lol)

description

This book was just as enjoyable as book one. The writing remains top notch. It was well paced. The amazing world and character building continues. The cast of intriguing secondary characters grows. I'm completely #shipping Lydia and Aon. We even get some sexy times (PG 13) but still very sexy. Last, that ending...gaah! I need book three NOW...

description

However, I had one teensy little issue. Not even an issue per se, more disappointment regarding how a married couple behaves in Under. (view spoiler) That said, UNDER doesn't have the same rules and rituals of humans, so I am trying to just roll with it. (lol)

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King Of Shadows.

March 14, 2019 – Shelved
March 14, 2019 – Shelved as: apr-arcs-to-review
March 23, 2019 – Started Reading
March 25, 2019 – Finished Reading
April 25, 2019 – Shelved as: april-5-star-reads

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

message 1: by Kennedy (new) - added it

Kennedy Mitchell I’ll have to check this series out! New author to me!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kennedy wrote: "I’ll have to check this series out! New author to me!"

She was new for me as well. Both books so far have been outstanding (there will be six). I just wish I had book three already! (lol)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Shari Kay wrote: "I thought the first book was fantastic too Pre-ordered this one. Can’t wait"

You might have an issue with the spoiler I posted. It wasn't a HUGE deal for me, but I didn't particulary LIKE that tidbit of info either. (lol)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) I was a little disappointed as well with that aspect. I believe the married couple mentioned in that regard in this book is a different one than in the first book.

message 5: by Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) (last edited Mar 25, 2019 11:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Shari Kay wrote: "Well, that would help if it wasn't one of the two we've already met. Like if it was just a general point concerning the world. I suppose I could hope "Our" couples are different. Sigh...maybe"

Here is the explanation Lyon gave for marriage...(view spoiler) The couple from book one aren't really in this book. Just Maverick a little bit. (view spoiler)

Kathryn Ann Kingsley Hey guys! I just wanted to weigh in and hopefully assuage any concerns. This is *never* a plot point. It's more of social commentary about the world of Under as a passing line here or there between Lyon and Kamira. It's just that 'open' relationships aren't frowned upon.

Lydia NEVER has feelings for anyone else, nor does she mess around with anyone else. There is no reverse harem nonsense, no love triangles, nothing else. It's the story between Lydia and the main male character, and that's it.

Really, I was just trying to establish that 'sex ain't no thing' in Under to most people.

Kathryn Ann Kingsley But to reiterate, seriously, it never affects the story, just the character relationships that are already established long before Lydia shows up.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kathryn wrote: "But to reiterate, seriously, it never affects the story, just the character relationships that are already established long before Lydia shows up."

Kathryn wrote: "Hey guys! I just wanted to weigh in and hopefully assuage any concerns. This is *never* a plot point. It's more of social commentary about the world of Under as a passing line here or there between..."

Thanks for popping in Kathryn to clear things up! As I mentioned it wasn't a HUGE deal for me, just a small niggle that worried me in regard to how that aspect would play out going forward in the series! :D

Bex (Beckie Bookworm) great review babe: so glad your liking this also 😘

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Bex (Beckie Bookworm) wrote: "great review babe: so glad your liking this also 😘"

Thank you! I am just glad they are releasing fairly close together! (lol)

Kathryn Ann Kingsley Book three sadly doesn't come out until May. :( But that's the publisher's call, not mine. Womp womp. Books 3-6 all come out within a few weeks of each other, though!

Bex (Beckie Bookworm) Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Bex (Beckie Bookworm) wrote: "great review babe: so glad your liking this also 😘"

Thank you! I am just glad they are releasing fairly close together! (lol)"

Yep me to no loooong waits

Bex (Beckie Bookworm) Kathryn wrote: "Book three sadly doesn't come out until May. :( But that's the publisher's call, not mine. Womp womp. Books 3-6 all come out within a few weeks of each other, though!"

I can wait till May: if I have to it's not that far away I will definitely be counting down the days though till I can get my mitts on it sigh

message 14: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Terrific Review Eve :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Eyvette wrote: "Terrific Review Eve :)"

Thank you! :D

Kristall May can’t come fast enough but iam happy to hear there will be at least 6 books!! Very entertaining and love Aon and Lydia!!