Kaceey's Reviews > Inspection

Inspection by Josh Malerman

bookshelves: buddy-read, netgalley

Once again I find myself branching out into the dystopian world. How could I possibly resist the latest release from Josh Malerman. I absolutely loved his previous release of Bird Box.

While Bird Box rests comfortably on my favorite shelf, this one just fell a bit shy of reaching that status for me.
An ingenious premise that promised an explosive mind-blowing read. But I just couldn’t quite let go and be taken there. While I really liked it...I just can't say I loved it as much as Bird Box.

There are two groups of children being raised completely separate from the other. The Alphabet boys and the Letter girls. Neither group is aware of the others’ existence. All raised to reach their full potential without the distraction of knowing that there’s another sex alive, well, and being raised just 3 miles away.

The book began just a bit slow for me, but I was eventually deeply drawn into this world of Letter Children. But the ending left me wanting more. I haven’t heard of a follow up...but a girl can dream!

I do recall I felt the same way with Bird Box. I wanted more! Is that Josh Malerman’s sneaky style? I believe it is. Will it stop me from reaching for his next release? Not a chance! Already looking!

A buddy read with Susanne! Thank you Susanne for reading this one with me!

Thank you to NetGalley, Random House Publishing Group Ballantine and Josh Malerman for an ARC to read and review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inspection.

March 6, 2019 – Started Reading
March 14, 2019 – Shelved
March 14, 2019 – Shelved as: buddy-read
March 14, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
March 14, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)

message 1: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Excellent review Kaceey 💕

message 2: by Somia (new) - added it

Somia Nice review

Michelle I'm glad you enjoyed it, Kaceey! That's what is so wonderful about books. Someone's 1 star is someone else's 4 stars! :)

message 4: by Jess☺️ (new)

Jess☺️ Fantastic review kaceey!! Sometimes it nice to try something new glad you enjoyed it 🌸

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson I loved Bird Box! I’m glad you enjoyed this one, Kaceey! Terrific review!

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly Interesting. I can't help but wonder how teenage sexuality plays out when there is no knowledge of the opposite sex even existing.

message 7: by KAS (new)

KAS Glad you enjoyed your second book by this author, Kaceey ;) Bird Box was so out there, it would be hard to top it!! Fantastic review, my friend!! 💜💚💜

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Wonderful review, Kaceey! It sounds like he likes to leave his endings up to interpretation? You definitely have me wanting to read this and Bird Box!

message 9: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Excellent review Kaceey! 😊

Kaceey Maureen wrote: "Excellent review Kaceey 💕"

Thank you Maureen!🤗💖

Kaceey Somia wrote: "Nice review"

Thank you Somia!

Kaceey Michelle wrote: "I'm glad you enjoyed it, Kaceey! That's what is so wonderful about books. Someone's 1 star is someone else's 4 stars! :)"

Thank you Michelle! I’m glad it worked for me and I ended up on the positive side!🤗💜

Kaceey Jess☺️ wrote: "Fantastic review kaceey!! Sometimes it nice to try something new glad you enjoyed it 🌸"

Thank you Jess! Every once in a while I like to try a dystopian thriller!🤗💖

Kaceey Jennifer wrote: "I loved Bird Box! I’m glad you enjoyed this one, Kaceey! Terrific review!"

Thank you Jennifer! Bird Box was so good! I’d love to see what you think of this one!

Kaceey Holly wrote: "Interesting. I can't help but wonder how teenage sexuality plays out when there is no knowledge of the opposite sex even existing."

Lol! Good point Holly! But I can’t say more...🤫

message 16: by Selena (new) - added it

Selena Thank you so much for this wonderful review Kaceey! I didn't even know about this book but I loved Bird Box as well. I will be checking this one out.

message 17: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Great review Kaceey, this book sure looks interesting! :)

message 18: by Paula (new)

Paula Kalin Exciting review, Kaceey!

message 19: by JanB (new)

JanB Kaceey, Sorry this fell just a little shy of Bird Box, a book I also loved, but the bar was set high. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll have to check it out. Great review!

message 20: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Terrific review Kaceey! Bird Box is a lot to live up to!! 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Gah! I need to read this!! Fantastic review sweetheart 😊💕🌸

message 22: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Terrific review, Kaceey!

message 23: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Fantastic review! Glad you enjoyed !!

message 24: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Langford Wonderful review Kaceey !

Kaceey KAS wrote: "Glad you enjoyed your second book by this author, Kaceey ;) Bird Box was so out there, it would be hard to top it!! Fantastic review, my friend!! 💜💚💜"

Thank you KAS! So true, hard to equal such a great book!🤗💖

Kaceey Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Wonderful review, Kaceey! It sounds like he likes to leave his endings up to interpretation? You definitely have me wanting to read this and Bird Box!"

Thank you Jennifer! I recommend both these books! Would love to see what you think!🤗💖

Kaceey Nicola wrote: "Excellent review Kaceey! 😊"

Thank you Nicola!🤗

Kaceey Selena wrote: "Thank you so much for this wonderful review Kaceey! I didn't even know about this book but I loved Bird Box as well. I will be checking this one out."

Thank you so much Selena! I hope you enjoy! I can’t wait to see what you think!🤗

Kaceey Sandra wrote: "Great review Kaceey, this book sure looks interesting! :)"

Thank you Sandra! Was such a great premise! So different!🤗💕

message 30: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Fab review, Kaceey! Glad it was another good read by this author! 💜

message 31: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Fab review, Kaceey! 😘

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Awesome review, Kaceey! I loved Bird Box too. 💟😘

message 33: by Sumit (new)

Sumit RK Superb Review, Kaceey!

message 34: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review Kaceey!😉💖

Kaceey Paula wrote: "Exciting review, Kaceey!"

Thank you Paula!

Kaceey JanB wrote: "Kaceey, Sorry this fell just a little shy of Bird Box, a book I also loved, but the bar was set high. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll have to check it out. Great review!"

Thank you Jan! I’d love to see what you think of this one!

Kaceey Nicola wrote: "Terrific review Kaceey! Bird Box is a lot to live up to!! 😊"

Thank you Nicola! I agree! Trying to recapture that would be almost impossible! On its own, this was an enjoyable read!🤗💜

Kaceey Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Gah! I need to read this!! Fantastic review sweetheart 😊💕🌸"

Thank you so much Melissa! I’ll be watching for your review! Hope you love it!💕💕

Kaceey Angela M wrote: "Terrific review, Kaceey!"

Thank you Angela!

Kaceey Jayme wrote: "Fantastic review! Glad you enjoyed !!"

Thank you Jayme!🤗

Kaceey Lucy wrote: "Wonderful review Kaceey !"

Thank you Lucy!🤗

Kendall Great review Kaceey! Glad to see you enjoyed this one. This was a bit slow and disappointing for me.

Kaceey Nazanin wrote: "Fab review, Kaceey! Glad it was another good read by this author! 💜"

Thank you Nazanin! Already looking forward to his next!💖

Kaceey Michelle wrote: "Fab review, Kaceey! 😘"

Thank you Michelle!🤗💜

Kaceey Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Awesome review, Kaceey! I loved Bird Box too. 💟😘"

Thank you Mary Beth! I hope you will enjoy this one too! I’d love to see your thoughts!🤗💕

message 46: by Julie (new)

Julie Fantastic review, Kaceey!! 😊

Kaceey Sumit wrote: "Superb Review, Kaceey!"

Thank you Sumit!

Kaceey Kat wrote: "Excellent review Kaceey!😉💖"

Thank you Kat!🤗💜

Kaceey Kendall wrote: "Great review Kaceey! Glad to see you enjoyed this one. This was a bit slow and disappointing for me."

Thank you Kendall! It was a bit of a slow start, but then I couldn’t wait to see what happened to the alphabet kids!

Kaceey Julie wrote: "Fantastic review, Kaceey!! 😊"

Thank you Julie!🤗💜