Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru's Reviews > Fins Are Forever

Fins Are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs

Feb 09, 2012

bookshelves: ya, shapeshifters, paranormal-romance, mello-s-feb-challenge-shifters, mermaids
Read on February 19, 2012 — I own a copy

Really good sequel. We get to see Lily make a final decision about whether or not to remain Thalassinia's princess and deal with her annoying cousin Dosinia. After getting herself exiled, Dosinia has to live on land and Lily's final duty as princess is to get Doe to get over her hatred of humans. This does end up working out in the most unexpected of ways. Then, it's revealed there was another reason why Dosinia got herself exiled. That, too, ends up working out in an unexpected way.

Dosinia actually redeems herself as a character in this book. I was determined to continue to dislike her, but she's actually a pretty good girl. Despite that whole earthquake thing. I was sad for Lily when she and Quince fought. I don't think the fight was her fault. Maybe she should have told Quince about what she was giving up before it came out like that, but he did over-react. Luckily, he actually realized this on his own and things worked out.

For a sequel, this was a little short, but I'm glad that none of the big issues were terribly dragged out, because that really could have happened. Especially with Lily wanting to keep Doe and Brody apart in the beginning. I actually thought Lily was more mature in book two than she had been in book one. I was actually pretty proud of her most of the time. Here's hoping everything will work out for her and Quince in the future. I'll definitely be reading book three.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fins Are Forever.