Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡'s Reviews > Hearts and Thorns

Hearts and Thorns by Ella Fields

20997898

When childhood innocence transforms into forbidden romance, Ella Fields delivers a bittersweet narrative that touches on more than falling in love with someone you shouldn’t—it’s about family, heartache and forgiveness. Hearts and Thorns, evocative in deliverance and angst-ridden in content, traverses the tumultuous waves of first loves and second chances that will leave your heart tattered and bruised, but the true authentic qualities and the overall deliverance ensures this heart-rending narrative will resonate with readers.

We weren’t an itch we could scratch. We were fire that would never extinguish, and we’d burn anything in our path to keep getting what we wanted.

Destruction was inevitable for Willa and Jackson. Pure, childhood innocence turned into a forbidden connection—an intoxication and exhilaration, albeit dishonest and secretive as they deceived family and friends. It didn’t diminish or minimise their romance though, it only made it more worthwhile because, despite the unavoidable heartache, true love overcomes adversities. Willa and Jackson's chemistry rendered my emotions exhausted but soaring as they were allowed a second chance to rekindle a distinct bond difficult to dismantle.

“We’ll never be perfect, Jackson.”
“I know,” he said. “I know, but there’s no one else I’d rather be imperfect with.”

Hearts and Thorns is raw, full of endless heartache, though full with beloved life experiences of falling unconditionally and irrevocably in love; of bittersweet first loves and second chances in romance; of traversing the treacherous waves unfairly hurled at us, but returning with renewed strength and feeling indestructible. Hearts and Thorns is wonderfully enthralling and without fail, it realistically demonstrates that love isn’t easy—sometimes it is bittersweet, complex beyond recognition, full of heart-aching emotions and frayed around the edges, but tender moments and irreplaceable memories await.

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts and Thorns.

March 13, 2019 – Shelved
March 13, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
December 29, 2019 – Started Reading
December 29, 2019 –
10.0% "willa and jackson ❤"
December 29, 2019 –