Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > A History of Madness

A History of Madness by Rebecca Crunden

19253213

bookshelves: dystopia, sci-fi-fantasy, science-fantasy, science-fiction, apocalyptic

4.5/5

A History Of Madness by Rebecca Crunden is the sequel to  A Touch Of Death  and the 2nd book in the Outlands Pentalogy. After reading the first book, and really liking it, I was really eager to read this one and to my pleasant surprise, this book turned out to be as good as (actually even better) than the last one. I love when a series goes from strength to strength and this series is turning out to be just that, though I've just read 2 books so far. Given the opportunity, I'd love to read the next part of this well-developed saga for sure.

The characterization was the highlight of this book. I loved how the author uses a different character as the main POV character for this part as it gave a fresh vibe to the series, instead of taking the story ahead with the same POV character. It was really good to know the motivations, inner conflicts, impulses and feelings of Nate as I really liked his as the main character.

The writing was good just like the last book and the world building was a true step ahead. I enjoyed reading this book a lot and would recommend this series to all dystopian readers and fantasy readers.

You can also read this review on www.thereadingbud.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A History of Madness.

March 13, 2019 – Started Reading