Filip Kis's Reviews > Flow: The Classic Work on How to Achieve Happiness

Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Feb 09, 2012

bookshelves: philosophy

Recommended by one friend, seen on a impressive book shelf (from my perspective) and then recommended by another friend (who at the same time is quite critical and has similar taste) while at all of that time I had a book in my possession (needing to return it to somebody). Now I decided it's time to see what's all the fuss (and that I can finally return it as well) :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flow.

February 9, 2012 – Started Reading
February 9, 2012 – Shelved
February 12, 2012 –
page 25
8.25% ""There is no reason to rule out the possibility that eventually we shall be able to bend spoons with brain waves. But at this point, where there are so many more mundane but not less urgent tasks to accomplish, it seems a wast of time to lust for powers beyond our reach when consciousness, with all its limitations, could be employed so much more effectively.""
February 12, 2012 –
page 42
13.86% "Although in the first pages the book seemed like something that will be very hard to read (maybe because I was tired when I started) it became very interesting very fast. The last chapter I read talks about consciousness and how it works to process information, govern our intention and draws our attention. No, I didn't stop on this page because of the number. It was at an end off a chapter."
February 18, 2012 –
page 78
25.74% ""We have come to accept that our morality simply no longer has currency outside our own culture." I like this quote, but I fear that many have not come to accept that just yet."
March 1, 2012 –
page 159
52.48% "On the job people feel skillful and challenged, and therefore feel more happy, strong, creative and satisfied. In free time people feel.... their skills are not being used, and therefore they tend to feel more sad, weak, dull and dissatisfied. Yet they would like to work less and spend more time in leisure."
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: philosophy