Sarah's Reviews > Forever and Never

Forever and Never by Ella Fields

bookshelves: 2019-arc-reads, favorites

***** EPIC BOOK HANGOVER *****

This book has left me in a daze. I am so emotionally drained, and I don't even know if I'm happy, sad, heartbroken, or probably all of the above. These characters were so raw and real. Lars & Daphne both shocked me to the point that I wanted to slap them, and made me fall for them. I miss them so much already. I left my heart and soul on the pages of this book.

Days later and I am still thinking about Lars & Daphne. They left me a hot mess. Be prepared to feel everything throughout this book. I was heartbroken, distraught and then healed all too quickly. I couldn’t get enough of these characters. Lars & Daphne's story is one that is more than just a roller-coaster of emotions. They epitomize young love and teenage relationships. They fall hard, react hard, fight hard, and love hard.

Lars is my dream HS boyfriend. He's edgy, brilliant, artsy, gorgeous, compassionate, and determined. He made me swoon. He pissed me off. He had me sighing and dreaming of HS dates with him, and envisioning babies with him. His passion both won him love and got him in trouble at times. My heart broke for him, even when I knew he was making bad decisions, I knew deep down he was broken beyond the point of thinking clearly. His internal battle between following his heart versus protecting it was never even. He knew what he always wanted, and it took him hitting rock-bottom to pick himself back up, see clearly, and fight for it. I loved every single second he was on the page!!

Daphne, oh Daphne....she is a fighter. I loved that she protected herself and her heart with her head held high and her walls up; but I loved her even more when she let those walls start to crumble. This beautiful girl was simply wanting one thing - love and attention. From someone. Anyone. Although her actions and decisions at times were shocking, she had me in tears, worrying over her like a sister and I just wanted to shield her from her own cynicism and mistakes, and push her to open up and love. But then I realized this girl had to figure it out on her own. She had to suffer the consequences of her behavior and pick herself back up to see her own self-worth and value.

Lars & Daphne's relationship is so raw and real. It is not easy to read at times. It is tough and heart-breaking; but at the base of it is love, lust, passion and loyalty. They are both fighters, and each of their emotional journeys is necessary to get to where they eventually belong. The character development and growth is indescribable, and this story is absolutely all-consuming. It will stay with me for a long time to come, and I can't wait to read what's next for these characters. This book will definitely be in my Top Reads of 2019! Well done Ella Fields! Well done!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever and Never.

March 13, 2019 – Shelved
March 13, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
June 19, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-arc-reads
June 20, 2019 – Started Reading
June 22, 2019 – Finished Reading
June 24, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it