M's Reviews > The Tunes of Lenore

The Tunes of Lenore by J.T. Blossom

This review first published on Oh Just Books.

The Tunes of Lenore is a beautiful book encompassing music, physics, dogs, ecology, farming, ranches, mechanics, nature, boarding school, sustainable living, farming, biology, research, and literature. It is a beautifully written book and one that I really enjoyed reading, and I'm sure you would too.

It is set in the not-too-distant future, and environmental protection and ecology make up an important part of the story. Almost like it is an important character itself. The titular Lenore is a fiddle owned by Ella Bradley, our wonderful protagonist. She is a wonderful human being with goodness in her heart. If you think she's just another sulky teenager at the outset, you'll realise once Jenny (her dog) and Lenore (the aforementioned fiddle) come up in the story that Ella is anything but a regular teenager. You will come to like her even more as you read more of this book. Jenny is a very special dog, and I don't want to talk more about it because it's best if you read and see for yourself. The pictures in this book are beautiful too. It adds another dimension to the story and is a unique concept.

What I really appreciated was that even though Ella had such wonderful gifts, she still was not shown as a perfect specimen of adolescence. She had a well developed character arc and grew as a person through the progress of the book. She still had her moods and flaws and foibles and moments of insecurity, making her quite relatable to any teens reading this book.

*A review copy was provided to Oh Just Books by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Read the rest of the review here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tunes of Lenore.

February 27, 2019 – Started Reading