Devika Ramadoss's Reviews > To Naddiyaa

To Naddiyaa by Kavya Sharma

liked it

This book explores the area of emotions through the medium of hand written letters. Precisely , a perfect way to recite a story without the image of actual happened incident. This book travels through the memory lane of Durjoy letters and Naddiyaa’s past.

I would say “Pain” is the main protagonist of this tale. I was able to hold a smile despite of the pain , that is because of the unconditional love of Durjoy towards Naddiyaa.

->Narration was quiet different . The letter portrayal didn’t dilute the essence of the narration.

-> Simple language, even the grey area didn’t seem to make impact on me. I mean I could feel the pain but it didn’t leave me with heavy heart.

-> Detailing,There could have been little detailing of the situations,places and whereabouts . The entire story comprised only with the letters which didnt allow me to go beyond Durjoy.

-> Characters. Author chose characters in such a way that as a reader I couldn’t blame anyone at the end of the story for their situation. Everyone is enemy to oneself.

Overall “To Naddiyaa” is the collection of letters from durjoy to Naddiyaa. A madman’s voice which failed to communicate in the past has been rendered at the present through his written words. A soulful proposal which reached late in the hands of Naddiyaa.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Naddiyaa.

March 12, 2019 – Started Reading