Madeleine's Reviews > The Good Luck Charm

The Good Luck Charm by Helena Hunting

20603646

liked it
bookshelves: 2019-reads, x-romance

I feel like I should have liked this book more?? And I'm a little confused why I don't, but something just didn't really click for me.

Honestly, most of these stars are for the sex scenes... cuz like, damnn. This was definitely an appropriate book for me to read while on my honeymoon!!

The other parts? Meh. I thought both of the characters were annoying, to be completely honest. Both Lilah and Ethan started out likeable enough, but as things progressed throughout the book, I got so irritated with both of them. I felt myself rolling my eyes a lot, especially towards the end of the book.

(view spoiler)

ALSO, this is already like the third book this year I've read where the main character was a nurse/medical professional and I wasn't entirely anticipating it, and couldn't get over the inaccuracies about the job. As a nurse, you work in one unit, there's no way you'd be taking care of a patient on an adult stroke unit and then the next week recovering a post-op patient, in addition to following up with them when they come for physical therapy. UGH.

I feel like second chance romances maybe just aren't my thing. I loved the writing style (again, those sex scenes tho) and pacing of the book, and it was overall enjoyable. I would read more from Helena Hunting, but hopefully I find the characters more likeable!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Luck Charm.

March 12, 2019 – Shelved