Sean Meriwether's Reviews > Trio Sonata

Trio Sonata by Juliet Sarkessian

liked it
bookshelves: lgtbq, recommended-to-me

It has always fascinated me that women are the largest producers and readers of gay male romance. This book had been recommended to me as a way to get help bridge an understanding, but unfortunately this particular novel, which comes across as autobiographical, did not give me many insights. Although marketed as one woman's journey of passion with two gay men, the book skirts the substance of her relationship with a younger gay couple she invites to live with her and then backtracks to her history of fascination with gay men, as friends and potential lovers, and outlines the sexual history of the two men. A single kiss is the transgression that destroys the delicate balance between female voyuer and the gay lovers. Sarkessian does herself a disservice by giving us quantity of "high level" sexual encounters instead of getting deeper insights into the sexual attraction of a woman watching gay men together, or the dynamics of this flavor of a threesome. Somewhat more illuminating is the struggle of a woman from a Ukrainian household and how she pursues her independence and contentment in a relationship merging modern and traditional values.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trio Sonata.

March 12, 2019 – Started Reading