Jacquie's Reviews > Soul Swallowers

Soul Swallowers by D. Wallace Peach

Unforgettable Fantasy!

I didn’t know what to expect when I came across this title on D. Wallace Peach’s website, but the title and the cover drew me and after hesitating far longer than I should have, I decided to make the purchase- and can I just say, WOW!

This is the story of three kingdoms and the men and women who rule them, some with deceit more than honor.

When heir to the throne Raze Anvrell witnesses the murder of his young wife, he blames his father and disowns his family. He leaves to make his own way and learns over time, with the help of his mentor, that anger and hatred is not the answer to a peaceful soul.

The author has a beautiful, poetic way of writing that drew me right into the story- I couldn’t set it down!

Some of my favorite lines:

“What do you believe?”

“That we are children in a corner of the world trying to draw borders around the universe. We study a drop of rain and think we understand the sea. The only thing we can fully understand is ourselves, and even that task is beyond most.”

SOUL SWALLOWERS- D.WALLACE PEACH

The winter rains had abated, and waves of hammered bronze rolled into the cliffs with the rhythm of a heartbeat. The islands of the Shattered Sea crouched like hunchbacked giants tamed by the evening tide.

SOUL SWALLOWERS- D. WALLACE PEACH
Traveling to the sea cities was more than a physical journey for Raze. He returned sharper and dirtier with hard black seeds of malcontent like gravel in his shoes. Except they lodged in his skin and eyes and heart. They grew with weedy hunger.

SOUL SWALLOWERS- D. WALLACE PEACH
Maybe my desires are just poetic dreams pirouetting in the snow.

SOUL SWALLOWERS- D. WALLACE PEACH
Loss, love, war and betrayal- Soul Swallowers is a masterful fantasy novel!

Five+ lovely kisses- A must read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Swallowers.

March 11, 2019 – Started Reading