Rachel's Reviews > Heart of the Devil

Heart of the Devil by Meghan March

bookshelves: 2019-favorites, arc-reads, read-in-2019

This was the ending I was hoping for between Indy and Forge! Meghan March knows how to craft a story so I think I have everything figured out and the pulls the rug out from under at the last minute, leaving me with that rush of trying to catch myself while looking back to see where I missed a step.

Everything between Indy and Forge is up in the air as they begin Heart of the Devil. Indy is questioning everything she thought she knew about her upbringing, and about the motives of the man she married while fighting feelings she didn’t intend. Her trust is broken and her determination to find her own way and stand for what she wants only made her inner strength shine brighter. Their relationship takes a beating as this part of the story unfolds, but they both know what they want and the battle of wills is fierce.

The side characters had me constantly reevaluating what was going on around these two, questioning motives and agendas even as those motives and agendas appear to shift and move between the characters. A lot of the situations Indy and Forge find themselves in challenge their instincts and force them to put trust in the people around them.

The fast paced nature of this story had me flipping pages faster and finishing the book sooner than I had all week long. It was not enough to be able to guess what would happen. I needed to know.

I loved every minute of this book and series. I am continually amazed at how Ms. March can spin a tale that has me falling for these dark heroes, looking for the good in the darkness. Forge is no exception to this, and is near the top of my favorite of her men. Her women are just as strong as her men though, and Indy’s independence carries her through some life changing scenarios that would have crippled a lesser woman.

I received a copy for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of the Devil.

Started Reading