Natalie The Biblioholic's Reviews > Good Intentions

Good Intentions by Brenda K. Davies

bookshelves: 2019, dual-pov, paranormal, demons

Find the full review here

River is a human girl in some real denial about how absolutely precious she is.
When she lit the curtains with her fingers? A fluke.
The sparks that light up her fingertips? Static electricity.
And doesn't everyone feel the pulse of life when they touch trees?

Thirteen years ago, after a nuclear strike, the midwest was devastated, millions were killed, and a huge wall was erected to protect the survivors. Protect them from what? No one knows. The only way to find out would be to go to the wall and River has no interest in doing so. She's got two little brothers to take care of because her mother is a waste of space. Living a meek life, fitting in, and feeding her family are her only goals. So what happens when the search for someone 'special' leads right to her door?

Torn from those she loves and the only life she's ever known, herded along with the rest of the volunteers to protect the wall, River soon finds out that she is not what she seems. She is only part human because she is a direct descendant of Lucifer. Yup, that Lucifer. But don't call him Lucifer. He hates that. At the wall, she meets Kobal (the to die for hero of this tale) and his fellow demons, who are going to teach them what it is to fight the evil that is trying to escape the very depths of hell.

Kobal is a demon. He's actually the rightful King of Hell. He absolutely hates Lucifer and has every intention of killing him and taking his place on the throne. But he's got to close the gates of Hell first. And hopefully with River's powers, he can. He never imagined the connection he'd feel to the key, but he can't deny his reasons for wanting to protect her at all costs go beyond the mission. He wants to touch her, to feel her, to own her, to claim her. And damned if he won't.

My entire existence had been about regaining the throne I’d never even sat upon, but I would lay down my life and let the next varcolac rise before I let something happen to her.

This story had such a slow start that I was worried that I wouldn't like it. I was getting bored. I'm so glad I stuck with it though because when it really got started, I couldn't put it down. I loved the story building, the characters, the setting, and the plot. I'm fully aware that I'm still in the dark about many things, including the full extent of both Kobal and River's powers, but I can't wait to continue this story to find out exactly how they will strike their enemy down and find their happy ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Intentions.

Started Reading
March 11, 2019 – Shelved
March 11, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
March 11, 2019 – Shelved as: dual-pov
March 11, 2019 – Shelved as: paranormal
March 11, 2019 – Finished Reading
March 12, 2019 – Shelved as: demons

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

GimmeAllTheWerdssss This was such a good series and the spin offs are really good so far too! Glad you enjoyed it!

Natalie The Biblioholic GimmeAllTheWerdssss wrote: "This was such a good series and the spin offs are really good so far too! Glad you enjoyed it!"

Thanks luv! I can only imagine it gets better from here ;) I'm diving right in!! 💞

message 3: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review Natalie!💖😉

Natalie The Biblioholic Kat wrote: "Excellent review Natalie!💖😉"

Thank you, honey! 💞

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Lovely review, Natalie! <3 x

message 6: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. Superb review, sweetheart! 💖💋

Natalie The Biblioholic Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Lovely review, Natalie! <3 x"

Thank you, Alex! 💞

Natalie The Biblioholic NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "Superb review, sweetheart! 💖💋"

Thanks lovely! 💞