Wendy Darling's Reviews > S.T.A.G.S

S.T.A.G.S by M.A. Bennett

it was ok
bookshelves: audio

Intriguing premise, with a plot that is fine at first, but eventually becomes unbelievable, then ludicrous. A slight but entertaining book ruined by heroine's distraction by a blue-eyed charmer (view spoiler), a superfluous continuation post-climax, why-haven't-you-caught-up-to-the-clues-yet frustration, hard-to-swallow mindsets, and occasional poseur shock style (view spoiler).

It's to the credit of the perfect narration by Katharine McEwan that the experience was as compelling as it was. I barely noticed how slight the characters were or how hole-ridden the plot was until halfway through the book.

An audio review copy was provided by the publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read S.T.A.G.S.

March 4, 2019 – Started Reading
March 11, 2019 – Shelved
March 11, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

message 1: by Leah (new)

Leah Great to see your reviews again, Wendy. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Wendy Darling Thanks Leah! It's been a tough couple of years--aside from some personal stuff, I haven't done much reading because I haven't had the headspace or heart for it with all the stuff that's been going on post-election. But I'm venturing forth a bit. <3 I appreciate the lovely comment, hope you are doing well also!

message 3: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Wendy! I've missed you so. Hope you're well. <3

message 4: by Alissa (new)

Alissa Agree with Leah. Great to see your reviews again (I miss The Midnight Garden. That used to be one of my go-to sites). Hope things continue to look up for you...and that you continue to find awesome books.

message 5: by Rose (new)

Rose So happy to see you again!

Wendy Darling BONNIE. I love you, I miss you!!

Alissa--thank yoouu, I've been curious about books for the first time in awhile, so we'll see where this goes. I'll probably still stick to GoodReads and Litsy going forward, so long as things haven't changed too much. Blog readership has changed so much anyway, and I don't have the patience to maintain it.

Thank you, Raven!! Apologies that the first dip back in the pool is such a downer, haha.

message 7: by Shveta (new)

Shveta Thakrar Welcome back, Wendy!

message 8: by Liz (new)

Liz Hi Wendy! Was thinking about you JUST the other day and peeked at your IG to see if you've been around. ❤️❤️

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex Glad to see you back, Wendy! I've missed your reviews.

Wendy Darling Thank you Shveta!

Lizzzzz. <3 I've missed you, I hope you and your beautiful boys are well. I have to do some catching up soon, here and on Instagram.

Hi Alex, thank you! I've popped in to shelve the occasional book, but yeah. It feels kinda nice to venture back.

message 11: by Jessie (new)

Jessie So glad you're back, Wendy! :)

message 12: by Indigo (new)

Indigo I'm glad to see your reviews on here again. I love your recommendations!

Wendy Darling Jessie and Indigo--thanks so much! <3 It's kind of nice to be back and not really know what's going on, haha.